ROGZ ACADEMY BOOKS AND BEYOND
Categories: COMPANY NEWS , Education
Sophakama Primary School in Dunoon has been awarded Certificates of Excellence from the Western Cape Education Department
Great news this quarter!
Sophakama Primary School in Dunoon has been awarded Certificates of Excellence from the Western Cape Education Department for their 2017 Foundation Phase Grade 3 systemic results: for Most Improved Language and Mathematics Pass Rates! A significant effort from the teachers involved and a real boost to our project at the school.
- The English Literacy Programme has settled into its FOURTH year of helping Grade 2–3 learners read with comprehension;
- The Year Beyond Programme will celebrate the graduation of its THIRD group of 100 Grade 1–4 learners soon;
- The Brainboosters Programme enters its SECOND year of boosting literacy and numeracy for Grade 1 learners, with enough kits for all learners;
- We are in our FIRST year of being a fully-fledged member of the MySchool network. Support us by swiping your card in our name (Rogz Academy);
- We have just been awarded a Due Diligence Certificate from the Community Chest, confirming that our NPO documentation and credentials are in place.
Our main focus this semester has been the School Management, Curriculum and Teacher Support Programme. Our partnership with the Schools Development Unit (SDU) at the University of Cape Town (UCT), has brought expertise and well-founded research to our implementation of this programme. This is how it began in July 2018: http://www.rogz.com/exciting-news-ucts-support-process-begins-for-sophakama/
The SDU team conducted a ‘case study’ at the school (using observations/interviews/focus groups) and a written report was submitted to the school. This was used to assist the Principal and the School Management Team in prioritising the recommendations made by the SDU team. We look forward to addressing these next year and are excited about how this will positively impact the teachers of Sophakama.
The SDU team were very complimentary about how Sophakama has embraced this opportunity! Read some feedback here: http://www.rogz.com/uct-visits-sophakama-assembly/
Interested in touching the lives of learners at Sophakama? Contact me about volunteering or donating to our project.
Check out our revamped website: http://www.rogz.com/rogz-academy-books-and-beyond/
Follow our blog: http://www.rogz.com/rogz-academy-books-and-beyond/blog/ and Facebook page (Search: Rogz Academy Books and Beyond) to stay updated with our developments.
Thanks for the continued support. We wish you and your families a peaceful Festive Season and Happy Holidays ahead!